FAO Schwarz Milano Toy Store
FAO Schwarz, one of the oldest, most historic, and iconic toy brands in the world has opened in Milan, Italy. Originally founded in 1862 by Frederick August Otto Schwarz, the FAO Schwarz store began with the idea to become ” a marvelous bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world.” There’s more to it than just toys. Going to FAO Schwarz is a nostalgic adventure for all ages.
Distribution giant, the ThreeSixty Group has joined forces with Italian company Prénatal Retail Group, one of Europe’s largest toy retailers, to bring the FAO Schwarz brand, retail store, and E-commerce concepts to Italy, with plans to expand into Spain, France, Portugal, and Benelux. The collaboration commemorates a shared vision of providing consumers with engaging retail experiences and exciting brands both in-store and online. FAO Schwarz’s reputation as a premium toy retailer, as well as its emphasis on providing consumers with unique new-to-market experiences, is a perfect fit for the Prenatal group, which is an expert in the toy category and retail.
The FAO Schwarz store in Milan is a flagship store in a historic landmark right in the heart of Milan and brings the magic of the FAO website to Italy. The FAO Schwarz store occupies over 6,000 square feet of space and feature the full FAO Schwarz collection of toys and one-of-a-kind experiences.
Signature toys and interactive experiences will further establish FAO Schwarz as a place of imagination and discovery while remaining true to crucial brand elements such as the famous clock tower and the popular dance-on grand piano. Like the original in New York, the new FAO Schwarz Milano location features in-store product demonstrations that instill the wonderment, theater, and “play” for which FAO is known.
The newest FAO Schwarz Milano toy store spans three levels and features over 600 square meters of signature toys, interactive experiences, and shops designed to provide a world of wonderment for both parents and children. FAO Schwarz is more than just a toy store; it is a place of imagination and discovery. Guests are greeted at FAO Schwarz Milano by classic plush creations, the iconic FAO clock tower—complete with a new activity designed specifically for Milan—and a whimsical centerpiece of sparkling balloons floating skyward. A journey of discovery begins beyond the clocktower and rocket ship, with many new toy brands being launched in Italy for the first time, and some well-loved toy brands coming to life with unique new experiences.
FAO Schwarz hand-selects their toy ambassadors and product demonstrators who provide a world-class shopping experience through the whimsical and theatrical wonderment FAO has always been known for.
The famous FAO Schwarz dance-on piano appears with an exciting new design—it’s just waiting for all the little piano dancers to come play!
There are many brands appearing for the first time in Italy in the new FAO store—enjoy the entertainment of Marvin’s Magic, explore science with Discovery Toys, make your own car with Majorette or buy one readymade from Sharper Image and don’t forget to personalize your Bunnies by the Bay gift. Italian designed brands are also a part of the magic.
One-of-a-kind experiences (New to Continental Europe):
- Bunnies By The Bay – Appearing in Italy for the first time, with infant clothing, accessories and handcrafted plush toys, customers will transport guests to the wonderous world of Cricket Island. Guests can also have their purchases personalized!
- Discovery – Talk to our Mad Scientist in his lab about everything science. With a giant video wall and demonstrations, every kid interested in STEM will flock to this kiosk for toys.
- Marvin’s Magic – Audiences will be delighted, amazed and amused to witness Marvin’s Magic Live and close-up! Their professional magic made easy sets and tricks continue to inspire magicians of all ages. Just make sure you keep the secrets!
- Barbie®/Mattel – FAO Schwarz was one of the first places Barbie premiered almost 60 years ago! FAO Milan has the exclusive “Barbie Styled By You” experience—the only one in Europe—come design your own Barbie.
- Majorette – This beloved toy car brand offers customers a customizable experience where they can make their own die-cast cars!
More brands offering in store fun: Wood & Play, Paw Patrol, Harry Potter, Disney, Funko, Chicco, Sylvanian Family, Discovery Toys, and Sharper Image.
FAO Schwarz Milano
Via Orefici, 15, 20123 Milan Italy
Find more ideas for shopping in Milan.
Find info on outlet shopping in Milan.
Need a personal shopper or assistant in Milan? Contact us.
|Ciao, I’m Celia, your travel advisor in Italy! Need help planning your trip to Italy? Learn about what to do and see, and where to eat and sleep. Ask me a question or request a custom travel plan. Book a consultation.|