Tips for Contributors: How to get the editor’s attention
- Introduce yourself and explain why you are good fit for Milanostyle.com.
- Pitch a specific idea. Please do not pitch a general idea like “I would like to write about fashion”.
- In your pitch explain what value this information will have for the Milanostyle.com audience
- Keep in mind that we work on a magazine schedule; 3-4 months ahead of time. For example Christmas ideas are published in October, design week tips are published in January, summer fashion ideas are published in March.
- We are looking for information and stories from real people. (Please, no brand promos). Sponsorship is available on request.
- Read our guidelines – by completing and sending this form you agree to adhere to the guidelines
Contributor Guidelines for Milanostyle.com
- The post content must be written in English.
- What we are looking for: We accept articles about Milan, local excursions, Italian culture and cuisine that offer insight and storytelling.
- The post content must be relevant to Milan, Italy and the surrounding area. General fashion and design articles are accepted provided that an Italian company is mentioned or featured. Local Hotel, Shop and Restaurant Reviews are accepted as well.
- Guest posts that seem like promotional pieces will be rejected. We offer sponsored posts or advertorials. Click here to advertise on milanostyle.com.
- Monetized affiliate links are not allowed.
- Links in the article are no-follow, the link to your blog in your bio is do-follow. You may add external links in the post content. Other external links may be edited by the editor. (more than three links within the content is considered excessive.)
- We are only interested in original articles.
- The post must contain at least one feature image that you have permission or free rights to use (photo credit required).
- The post will be published online only after editor approval. The editor will proofread and edit for spelling, grammatical errors or sentence structure. Any content modifications will be discussed with the author before publishing. The editor has the right to refuse or delete a page at any time.
- We want to work with real bloggers and writers interested in promoting their own blogs. Your blog will be reviewed.
- Do not present yourself as a blogger if you in fact represent a company. We offer sponsored posts to companies and SEO agencies.
- once accepted, you may not approach or ask payment from clients or sponsors as a representative of milanostyle.com.
- We know you work hard on your posts and put your best foot forward when writing a piece, but post contributions to milanostyle.com are not monetarily compensated (no payment) at this time. When submitting an article you understand that this a Barter Agreement (your article in exchange for editing, publication, and online exposure).
What will you get in return?
- Exposure to our targeted audience of international travelers and Italophiles
- Publication in a well ranked, niche site. Milanostyle.com has excellent ranking in search engines and users find us easily.
- Sharing. Once you are part of our contributor team your posts from your personal blog or other work online will be shared with our audience when appropriate, keep us up to date and we will share.
By completing and sending this form you agree to adhere to the guidelines. Milanostyle.com has the right to refuse or to remove publication at anytime.
How to become a contributor
- Complete the form below with a short intro, your idea, and why you think it is good for MilanoStyle.com. Do not send full articles. Once your idea is approved you will receive information on how to submit the article and images.