Last updated: June 1, 2022
DISCLOSURE & INFO
About ownership: Milanostyle.com is owned and managed by Celia Abernethy. Contact via email editor[@]milanostyle.com.
About Secure Sockets Layer digital certificate:
An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website’s identity and enables an encrypted connection. The applicable WebTrust Seal of assurance symbolizes that this site has been examined by an independent accountant. Further, the Seal represents the practitioner’s report (see below) on management’s assertion(s) that the entity’s business being relied upon is in conformity with the applicable Trust Services Principle(s) and Criteria. Learn more and view report
About Content: Milanostyle.com content is made up of independent blog articles. Some content is supported by ads, advertorials and affiliate links. This means that I have received payment to write and publish the article or I may earn a commission if you click on a link. I only promote and endorse products or services that I believe may be useful to my readers. Tags that indicate sponsored content: #ad (advertisement), #adv, #advertorial (advertorial) #promo (promotional).
If you have doubts about content on milanostyle.com, you may contact me at any time.
About privacy: I do not sell your contact information to third parties. You may request the removal of your data from MilanoStyle.com records at any time. Cookies are used to track statistics and enhance the user experience. All users are displayed the cookie and privacy terms agreement upon first visit and are free to accept or refuse.
DISCLOSURE ABOUT CONTENT
MilanoStyle.com is a personal, lifestyle and travel website with blog entries edited and managed by Celia Abernethy. I and any contributing, guest contributors adhere to this disclosure policy.
I want to give true, honest reviews and only the things I think will enhance my readers’ experience on the site. The majority of my posts are independent reviews and comments. Occasionally, I am asked to attend events or to review products, restaurants, hotels or other, but this does not guarantee coverage on the website. If I do review a venue in exchange of payment or gifts I will make it clear that I was invited.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are personal opinions and experiences of my own (or of contributing authors). Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
If you have doubts about content on milanostyle.com, you may contact me at any time.
Sponsorship & Promotion
As owner of MilanoStyle.com I sometimes accept forms of monetized advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation or commissions from affiliate programs. I abide by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. Such content is presented as banners, advertising space, external links, guest posts, or content, which will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content with the tag #ad (advertisement), #adv, #advertorial (advertorial). If you have doubts about content on milanostyle.com, you may contact me at any time.
Organizations that may have an impact on the content of this site:
- Hotels booked via Bookings.com
- Banner ads managed via Google.com
- Tours booked via Viator.com
- Viglink affiliate program (discontinued 09/09/2019 but may be present on archived pages)
- Other sites; Milanostyle.com, LakeComoStyle.com, Italytravelandmore.com, EasyMilano.com, SeoTravelContent.com.
If I personally endorse a product or service, it’s because I believe it will be of use to my readership.
I believe the reader should get real, honest information. As a user myself, I don’t like wasting time and I don’t think my readers do either. If I promote a product or service, it’s because I believe it will be of use.
I appreciate you taking time to read MilanoStyle.com disclosure agreement.
This disclosure policy was created with the help of https://www.disclosurepolicy.org.
• FTC disclosure: MilanoStyle sometimes receives free products and press trips, this in no way compromises the integrity of the author or personal and honest opinion about any products or services reviewed. Any posts resulting from a sponsorship, blog trip or free gift are explicitly indicated as such in the text.
• Italian newspaper disclaimer: Questo sito non rappresenta una testata giornalistica poichè viene aggiornato occasionalmente e senza alcuna periodicità. Pertanto, non può essere considerato in alcun modo un prodotto editoriale ai sensi della Legge n. 62 del 07.03.2001.
Translation: Milanostyle.com does not represent a journalistic news publication. Updates are occasional and do not have periodic publishing date and therefore according to Italian law Legge n. 62 del 07.03.2001 cannot be considered a editorial publication.
This website is owned by Celia Abernethy, you may contact me at email editor @ milanostyle.com.
In order to comply with the GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulations that come into force 25 May 2018, update to the Data Protection Act 1998, anyone processing personal information must register with the Information Commissioners Office and comply by law. I have registered and I am complying (ICO: 00011975836). The following is a declaration of how information is processed.
In brief: If you sign up for a newsletter or contact me via the website, I keep your email on file until you ask me to remove it from my list. You may remove your email by emailing me or following the instructions in the footer of the newsletter. I DO NOT sell your information.
Details about the information processed
Nature of work – Travel Blog
Description of processing
- The following is a broad description of the way this organisation/data controller processes personal information. To understand how your own personal information is processed you may need to refer to any personal communications you have received, check any privacy notices the organization has provided or contact the organization to ask about your personal circumstances.
Reasons/purposes for processing information
We process personal information to enable us to provide a travel blog information service, to maintain our own accounts and records and also to support and manage our collaborators.
Type/classes of information processed
We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details; name and email address
- goods and services you have inquired about by contacting us by email or via the website
We DO NOT process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- financial details
- employment and education details
We DO NOT process sensitive classes of information that may include:
- racial or ethnic origin
- physical or mental health details
- religious or other beliefs
- trade union membership
- sexual life
- offenses and alleged offenses
Who the information is processed about
We process personal information about:
- website users, customers, and clients
- advisers, consultants
- complainants, enquirers
Who the information may be shared with
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themselves and also with other organizations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organizations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- service providers (our web service provider logs IP addresses for security purposes, they do not record your name)
- service providers (tour operators or establishments regarding services or products you inquire about)
More information about the GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulations: https://ico.org.uk/
Our newsletter is managed through the Flodesk platform.
You can opt-in to our newsletter from contact us or register for the newsletter here:
You may unsubscribe at any time.
|Ciao, I’m Celia, your travel advisor in Italy! Need help planning your trip to Italy? Learn about what to do and see, and where to eat and sleep. Ask me a question or request a custom travel plan. Book a consultation.|